hazz69mcpie

Steam Accounts

Question

ello all

Recently my computer has contracted a sever case of dumb low fps all the ♥♥♥♥ing time.

A tf2 veteran told me that having two steam accounts on my computer could lead to computer problems, I have two steam accounts on my comp.

I would like to remove my alt account from my computer to put onto a different computer. 

How would I do this safe enough where I don't endanger my main account from being deleted? 

8 answers to this question

You can remove a steam account or move it for a back up with this program. Useful for moving from main hdd/ssd to secondary:

- Steam Mover

You can also remove registry settings (depending on os) by following this guide:

- Registry Steam Account cleaner

Doing the following above will help you to safely and completely remove steam elements from affecting your PC per account basis. Let me know if it helped!

If you want to maintain a clean, smooth gaming experience:

• Auslogics registry cleaner (do this once a week to keep your system smooth, free of any unnecessary registry files or exploits.
  • Verify integrity of game cache (steam), once every 3 or so months.
  • Update graphics drivers, os updates, allow steam through firewall/antivirus if necessary (google).
  • Use steam mover to make occasional backups of your steam when trying new cfgs or experimenting with game tweaks.

The veteran said that having two accounts makes just more files or something on the single computer or something like that, plus my computer is getting old so performance overall isn't so well so if I know this is a issue I want to get it solved properly by removing my alt account from my computer safely.

So when you mean "reinstall, and wipe user data", what I'm asking is the exact step-by-step process of removing my alt account from my main computer so that my main account files are not harmed.

Plox help. ;-;

58 minutes ago, hazz69mcpie said:

ello all

Recently my computer has contracted a sever case of dumb low fps all the ♥♥♥♥ing time.

A tf2 veteran told me that having two steam accounts on my computer could lead to computer problems, I have two steam accounts on my comp.

I would like to remove my alt account from my computer to put onto a different computer. 

How would I do this safe enough where I don't endanger my main account from being deleted? 

I'm pretty sure low fps isn't the symptom of having two different accounts on a single computer (Unless you somehow managed to run them both at once(don't do that)).

Regardless, the easiest way would be to wipe everything steam related, reinstall, and log in with only once account. The alternative is to go and try wipe user data and stuff like that, which I'm guessing would be very painful if not impossible without editing (and perhaps breaking) steam files.

Other than that, can I ask why your other account would be in danger of being deleted? It's not like accounts are stored locally, just log back in on your main. I might be misunderstanding the question here, but I'm pretty sure logging as either, one or the other at one time, cannot cause any problems unless they create conflicting game files.

2 minutes ago, hazz69mcpie said:

The veteran said that having two accounts makes just more files or something on the single computer or something like that, plus my computer is getting old so performance overall isn't so well so if I know this is a issue I want to get it solved properly by removing my alt account from my computer safely.

So when you mean "reinstall, and wipe user data", what I'm asking is the exact step-by-step process of removing my alt account from my main computer so that my main account files are not harmed.

Plox help. ;-;

There are no files that will affect either account on your PC. It's all stored in steams cloud service. I'm fairly certain having two accounts isn't your problem at all, and I haven't found any info surrounding it with a little googling, but if you really want ONLY one account on your pc, uninstall everything, delete steam, clean up the steam folder if it's left after uninstall. Restart, use ccleaner to clean up temp files, restart again for good luck (might help, who knows), install steam again, log in with your main and start installing stuff again.

It's worth noting that you should just do some general computer maintenance anyway if it's getting on in age. Defrag HDDs (not SSDs), run CCleaner, clean out your pc physically with compressed air or something, if your windows install is more than 3 years old might be worth reinstalling and starting again.

probs just your pc being shit tbh. That tf2 veteran obviously has no idea on how a pc works if he thinks that two accounts make shit laggy, I would know, I have 3. 

Multiple steam accounts being used on a computer will make no difference. if you are lagging, reformat your system.

13 minutes ago, DrRockso said:

My 3 brazzers accounts slow down my pc. 

You're only meant to download the virus once per pc tho, not once per account