Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Starstruck

Discord?

9 posts in this topic

Some people (such as myself) aren't the biggest fans of teamspeak. Perhaps having a discord would be nice? I dunno, just throwing the idea out there.

Yeah we have thought about it, but atm, it would seem pointless to have 2 and split our members over the 2. We need one portal/hub to chat

We may do a vote in the coming months to see if we should make the switch.

Discord is planned for the future but currently it lacks the vigurous permission set that teamspeak offers which allows us to offer different groups and donators.

On 20/10/2016 at 8:28 AM, LiMaaa said:

Discord is planned for the future but currently it lacks the vigurous permission set that teamspeak offers which allows us to offer different groups and donators.

Has this changed at all recently? There are some pretty advanced bots going around filling holes that discord doesn't provide for at the moment, would you mind giving us a list of requirements so I can mess around and find out what's still missing?

Discord should currently support our needs. I am in the process of setting up a server!

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, LiMaaa said:

Discord should currently support our needs. I am in the process of setting up a server!

Any chance I can be involved with the setup? I have a fair bit of experience with discord (not that it's that hard to use) now if you need anyone to make 50 roles or upload great emoticons. :D

Edited by Minidove

Will let you know on steam.

The teamspeak server hasn't had anyone one. I haven't seen anyone on the egc ts server, been checking every once while. Everyone has left it behind. Maybe making a discord server might be the way to go.

Yea i just used discord for my first comp match (which we won, yay). It is super easy and i really enjoy it.