We now use Steam to access the forums! To sign in via Steam: Click sign In (top right) > Complete your profile (choose display name and email address). If you have any issues completing your profile, please contact KeRRR or LiMaaa so we can assist you. You can contact us on Discord or the Steam Group

Sign in to follow this  
System32

G.Skill Aegis DDR4 3000 16gb (2x8gb) - AU$133 delivered @ Newegg

System32    58
G.Skill Aegis DDR4 3000 16gb (2x8gb) - AU$133 delivered @ Newegg

I've been on the hunt for some DDR4 to start building a new Ryzen system. Came across this deal from Newegg which is a cracker of a deal. A lot cheaper than other 3000mhz ram with not much difference in timings

From my research, it appears these are hynix single sided die, but amongst the only in the sub $200 price range that appears on MSI's B450 QVL list. Many good reviews saying 3000mhz is doable with an XMP profile. No heatspreaders but allegedly this doesnt make a big difference with ddr4's low voltage, and generic heatspreaders are $3 on ebay.

No comparable au reseller, some around the $150 bracket but those are single 16gb sticks rather than 2x8gb

Note: price on page says $132 but I got charged a little over $1 extra in tax for some reason.

View full article here