Minidove

Jeby's/Minidove's/Iasnerjilaes/Lamar's Corner of awesome are n stuff

43 posts in this topic

I've done some dabbling in CSGO and other source game skins and items before, and with my new desktop, I really want to get into more of it. I got my basics setup for CSGO skin making, and these are the only decent/complete item's I've been able to create so far. Nothings on the workshop yet because I need to setup my payment info.

M4A4 | Water Cow

The only decent skin I've actually made so far, aside from some cool concepts.

Wv0pYLR.jpg

Workshop Link

SG 553 | Honey Leo - Added 22/1/16

ojaw4O8.jpg

Workshop Link

Edited by Iasnerjilaes Minidove
Added New Skin

Good start mate, I may be getting into this soon.

Just now, KeRRR said:

Good start mate, I may be getting into this soon.

If you believe the reports of $40 000+ per weapon skin, it's well worth it, and would put me through Uni. Also buy lifetime. And then more lifetime.

My Skins are now on the workshop!

In other news...

I've just started a group Called Aussie Skinner's, for those who are interested in or are currently making workshop items for valve games such as tf2, csgo and dota 2. It's for people to share their designs that are on the workshop, talk about ideas, find collaborators, etc. Basically, if enough people are interested, it will help people create Steam Workshop content, and help gain popularity for said items. Its invite only to keep people from popping in, taking content, and leaving with it to infringe copyrights. PM with your steam community profile if you want an invite.

I made this sweet panorama. Thought some of you might appreciate it. YiDIoZR.jpg

I also made this wonderful HD tribute to boagsy for all the money he's wasted.

XiLa2wv.png

added image

Money he's wasted or kindly given away? xD

Nice gesture, hopefully he will like it!

It's been quite a while, but I've decided to come back to using my Wacom more often. Currently, I'm working on a competition hosted by shad (if you don't know him and his work, don't google it around people). We're meant to do a rendition of this:

spDZKRN.jpg

I'm currently sketching a rough copy to get a feel of the character, as well as letting me practice doing line work and colouring.

4TVwL3Z.png

Early Sketch

8W4gpKG.png

Where it is now

Any thoughts? Any tips for drawing?

37 minutes ago, Iasnerjilaes Minidove said:

It's been quite a while, but I've decided to come back to using my Wacom more often. Currently, I'm working on a competition hosted by shad (if you don't know him and his work, don't google it around people). We're meant to do a rendition of this:

spDZKRN.jpg

I'm currently sketching a rough copy to get a feel of the character, as well as letting me practice doing line work and colouring.

4TVwL3Z.png

Early Sketch

8W4gpKG.png

Where it is now

Any thoughts? Any tips for drawing?

Not bad at all. You need to adjust the composite lines slightly near the shoulders and the tie/chest area as those were the first discrepancies I noticed. Depending how much freedom Shad has given you on the rendition I'd come up with my own insignia and colour scheme. 

Your current sketch is much better than your early sketch, so safe to say your work is developing well.

Wacom is an excellent brand according to my missus, she draws on hers often. I don't dabble much in digital personally, brush/pencil on canvas/paper is my jam.

Solid work, keep it up.

26 minutes ago, Mediz said:

Not bad at all. You need to adjust the composite lines slightly near the shoulders and the tie/chest area as those were the first discrepancies I noticed. Depending how much freedom Shad has given you on the rendition I'd come up with my own insignia and colour scheme. 

Your current sketch is much better than your early sketch, so safe to say your work is developing well.

Wacom is an excellent brand according to my missus, she draws on hers often. I don't dabble much in digital personally, brush/pencil on canvas/paper is my jam.

Solid work, keep it up.

Danke Mediz. At the moment this is almost a copy of the original, I'm just trying to get a feel of it, and I haven't done much drawing for a long time. The contest ends on the 31st, so I hope to be designing my own over the shoulder or something type pose, as the rules are pretty much 'make a piece of art about this character'.

1 hour ago, hazz69mcpie said:

Have any of your skins been accepted yet?

Nope :). Using the experience I've gained from these I have some really good ideas in the works though.

Welp, I've been doing some mapping in the last few days, but I decided to give it a break because I can't really test them while spectating the CS Major. So instead, I spent a few hours making Rust skins. I'm planning on creating a full set of warm clothes with snow camo, so here is the first.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Northerner's Bandana

I really like the sketch so far of the german( cough cough, i mean soldier) with flames. I think you are already making good progress, just make sure it is different from the original but still holds familiar elements from the original so people eaisly identify with it. I'm not sure what your plans are with it, but maube something like bad vs good, half the soldier is flaming evil and half is in white suit angelic?! just a thought.

6 hours ago, LiMaaa said:

I really like the sketch so far of the german( cough cough, i mean soldier) with flames. I think you are already making good progress, just make sure it is different from the original but still holds familiar elements from the original so people eaisly identify with it. I'm not sure what your plans are with it, but maube something like bad vs good, half the soldier is flaming evil and half is in white suit angelic?! just a thought.

I think I'm just going to scrap that one at this point. It was really just a bit of work to practice skills on, and get a feel for mr skull here. I like your idea of the half 'n' half, but the context for this character is less than a good guy. I've been looking into making a side face shot, with maybe a luger in hand on the right side of the image, but I've had a bit of trouble with the angles and translating it from mind to actual work.

So I'm making some rather low quality tutorials for people to create workshop content. I started off with Rust, seeing as the workshop isn't all that large, but I'm looking into making a few for the Payday 2 Workshop (released 2 days ago), CSGO, and TF2.

The Playlist starts here, it's pretty shitty if you don't watch in HD:

So I was looking at a reddit thread about being pulled over by the police, and saw the general murmur about jumping out of a car with your hand in your pocket shouting 'You'll never take me alive!' I instantly thought of ol' scooter here and decided to desecrate his intro. I'm so very sorry.

pvWLMXv.jpg

Edit: I forgot to say, I've only just realised that the art in my threads title is spelt incorrectly... oh well. Imma leave it like that

Rust made a new system to create skins, I used it. I've been getting better at creating textures using substance designer + photoshop.

Here's what I made:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=790058580

6E68904AD89BCE77C7F094EC2D4EB1353EE2F4D09BE7810DF97807F5546CB1B6158C5AF2AD9618F79DA21616939AE705E91645850016CDDA86E97622

I'd love some feedback if anyone thinks I need to change something, or suggestions for a different skin/texture

On 7/14/2016 at 0:01 AM, Iasnerjilaes Minidove said:

So I'm making some rather low quality tutorials for people to create workshop content. I started off with Rust, seeing as the workshop isn't all that large, but I'm looking into making a few for the Payday 2 Workshop (released 2 days ago), CSGO, and TF2.

The Playlist starts here, it's pretty shitty if you don't watch in HD:

DAYUM, You need to use your mic more, mate.

Sexay! :wub:

1 hour ago, Roo said:

DAYUM, You need to use your mic more, mate.

Sexay! :wub:

Lmao

Mic = scheibe

Besides, I need to redo those tutorials now that there is a new workshop method out, and I have learn how to create decent textures via Substance Designer, not just making shit tier diffuses.

Based on 'feedback' in the form of the workshop voting system, I've been working on a revised/improved Road sign Face mask. It's not a tf2 item, but do you have any thoughts?

a2orFcb.jpg

Excuse the crappy gloss, still a WIP

Posted (edited)

In my recent content creation I've been working on a few things. I'm still working on editing an angry claus video for Fridge, as when I started I ran out of HDD space on my laptop. Other than that I designed version one of a logo for a CSGO team, which went from this:

aYTmVFo.jpg

to this:

RQYkTje.png

to this (well, this is an amalgamation of all the colours they requested, but it looks kinda like this):

tqKFsqk.jpgn6axtIT.png

I made 2 videos today while doing other stuff:

I also made a quick video with a whole 2 edits telling someone on reddit how to use Photoshops 3D features for creating CSGO skins. I did this rather poorly...

Edited by Minidove

Whats this "video" that you speak of about a frige doing a angry clause?

Also apart from that video, what other projects are you going to be working on to provide to EGC, as a Media Staff member?