Dog

Bring back regular 'Toxic' & 'Homing Projectiles' RTD's

10 posts in this topic

Imagine it. Your team is being spammed out and spawn camped by two enemy Engineers, you're pushing with a medic, but it's not enough. Half of your team is sniper and all they're concerned with is the downrange sniper gully that is trade_plaza. You roll an RTD and are awarded a 'Homing Projectiles'. This is it! This is the moment you push out! You align your rocket launcher out the doorway and shoot away, but horror sets in: they aren't criticals. They bounce off enemies with little ease as the TF2's damage system for rockets is based on distance from your target. You fall, defeated by a random critical by a spawn camping soldier.

That spam of hit and killsounds from Toxic are no more. Now instead of wiping half the team in a single swipe in their spawn they're damaged modestly, giving them enough time to fall back out of range. You're depressed; this isn't right.

I like the new wave of RTD content, but they're supposed to be fun and not 'balanced'. I move for the immediate revert of the Toxic and Homing Projectile RTD's to their former glory of instant kills and criticals.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13365870 Vote and say your piece! We can fix this with your help!

the new rtd plugin is honestly shit, id rather the old one back

I completely agree. I always loved the thrill of getting one of those rare RTD's and the fear that others feel as soon as they see: [RTD] Roosef has rolled Toxic.

I'll be honest, even I've seen that in chat and I basically shit my pants knowing that a person with a 19 killstreak has Homing Projectiles as a Soldier.

Now, when I see it, It's like the fear has died down to nothing but a pocket medic with a Vaccinator set to Explosive Resistance.

Posted (edited)

In my personal opinion, I do believe homing projectiles is a weaker roll for soldier, but still very good for other classes such as pyro and sniper (with the flare gun and huntsman respectively). If I had to choose between critical homing rockets and the new iteration, I'd pick the new iteration.

However, as for the new toxic roll, it seems the radius has been quite drastically shortened and changed the instant kill to roughly 40 damage per second (from basic play-testing). I strongly believe that, if the new toxic roll were to do this 40 damage per second that the radius should be increased, preferably back to how it used to be in the previous plugin. It's very annoying trying to use the toxic roll on one of the two servers with high ping by running into the enemy only to either be gunned down because the server doesn't recognize you as being close enough to cause damage or - in a server with standard ping - kill them before the toxic roll even has any effect on the enemy. If there were to be a change to the toxic roll, an increased radius would be respectable. As it stands now, it's practically useless. Even beacon got updated so it pings faster meaning spies will be easier to target, and that used to be the worst roll in the plugin. 

And as for the new RTD plugin entirely, it's a good change that I welcome, apart from the fact you can now see people typing 'rtd' and '!rtd' in chat. I think those messages should be filtered out like the last plugin. 

Edited by Hoste

Don't get your nickers in a twist ladies. The new RTD plugin is far superior to the old. It is much more optimized, adds new fun RTD's and is a much needed change. The toxic and homing RTD's are just the default. I have already spoken to Dog and let him know we are going to revert homing and toxic to the originals. This new RTD plugin allows us to create our own custom RTD's so I will create toxic and Homing as custom and replicate the originals the best i can.

How can you help you ask? Easy. Post as much information here as possible regarding the original toxic and homing, reach of effect, particle name, location of particle, sound played, damage done, etc etc. This will help me when I replicate it.

You can feel free to up vote this post, I like the rep ;)

2 hours ago, LiMaaa said:

Don't get your nickers in a twist ladies. The new RTD plugin is far superior to the old. It is much more optimized, adds new fun RTD's and is a much needed change. The toxic and homing RTD's are just the default. I have already spoken to Dog and let him know we are going to revert homing and toxic to the originals. This new RTD plugin allows us to create our own custom RTD's so I will create toxic and Homing as custom and replicate the originals the best i can.

How can you help you ask? Easy. Post as much information here as possible regarding the original toxic and homing, reach of effect, particle name, location of particle, sound played, damage done, etc etc. This will help me when I replicate it.

You can feel free to up vote this post, I like the rep ;)

Point whore :TrumpFace:

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, LiMaaa said:

1.) Homing Projectiles are not criticals.

2.) Toxic's radius seems to have been nerfed as well as its damage reduced from a thousand per second to forty per second. Personally I think the radius is fine for now, but I can't really seem to get any hits on people if they're in their spawn.

3.) The 'Team Critical' RTD seems to be bugged. For the person rolling the RTD it works fine, but for their teammates it seems that the effect only works sometimes (?). While the roll is running criticals for the team only work for brief, instant moments and you have to be quick on the draw to actually use them.

If I find any more bugs I'll let you know; hope this helps! Thank you!

Edited by Dog

7 hours ago, Dog said:

3.) The 'Team Critical' RTD seems to be bugged. For the person rolling the RTD it works fine, but for their teammates it seems that the effect only works sometimes (?). While the roll is running criticals for the team only work for brief, instant moments and you have to be quick on the draw to actually use them.

You do realize there is a radius around the person that rolls team criticals that allows teammates to gain crits, as shown by the particle effects? :FacePalm:

15 hours ago, Hoste said:

You do realize there is a radius around the person that rolls team criticals that allows teammates to gain crits, as shown by the particle effects? :FacePalm:

i did not oh heck..

I do think that if they roll team criticals it should probably be map wide, but that's just me :dog:

Closing this as perks are now fixed.

Changes:

• Homing rockets are now critical.
  • Toxic now deals 1000 damage per second (Toxic does not effect player through walls/in spawns).
  • Deadly voice now deals 50 damage every click and targets players in the radius of the particle effect (Can be activated with 'E' every second).