Endless Gamers Community
Sign in to follow this  
DeeJay

Restrict @everyone on the discord server

DeeJay    108

It's great that the discord is up and everyone is enjoying it, but can "@everyone" be restricted to head admins and up only? It pings everyone in the server no matter what they are doing and really has no point being around. Several people have voiced their discomfort with people using "@everyone" all the time yet people (including a certain staff member) continue to do it.

Now I wasn't going to list people using it to annoy people but since writing this it has continued, so I feel I should.

• MsFreakshow
  • [EGC PET] Kitty
  • littlemadtiger

I don't care if these guys get punished or not, all I care about is "@everyone" getting restricted to people that aren't going to abuse it.

• Upvote 4

Munt3dApple    609

To a degree, I actually agree with deejay here. It needs to be restricted to announcements only.

Admins only would be ideal but i'm not against classics having it aswell.

• Upvote 4

Minidove    531

There are a whole lot more people who have been using it, that's just today's list, but I have to say, @everyone should be restricted. Only use cases for calling everyone on the discord should be with admin permission, and if you get that, the admin can call @everyone themselves.

• Upvote 3

KeRRR    663

@everyone, @here, @mention will be restricted to staff only. Staff, please only use it to post announcements or things about EGC that you need everyone to be notified of.

• Upvote 5