Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Minidove

Changing my name?

17 posts in this topic

Ello all. I've been considering changing my name for a while due to the fact that I've picked up quite a few:

• EGC
    • I don't know if people call me this because they are lazy or they think it's actually part of my name.
  • Iasnerjilaes
    • My formal name dreamed up while waiting for a CSGO match. Almost no one calls me this or screws up saying it ;_;
  • Minidove
    • When I first joined steam and started getting into proper multiplayer games I became good friends with some guys known as the Doves in PS2. I'm short so this became my name
  • Lamar
    • I regret this because it was just screwing with Limaaa while he was drunk. People find it easier to say and seem to prefer it though...
  • Jeby
    • Originally a nickname from my friends this has become what I do all my branding with for YouTube and the steam workshop. It's simple and short

I'm thinking about changing my steam name and everything to my YouTube 'branding' just to make things simple, especially with stuff like the steam workshop and developers forums where I'm known as Jeby, despite my steam details all being Iasnerjilaes Minidove Lamar. I just wanted to ask you guys what you think before I go and change anything and suddenly nobody knows who I am or I get banned for impersonating myself (I think this happened once last year... Might have been on my alt). Any thoughts?

http://www.strawpoll.me/12568761

Choose something that you know you won't get sick of and that you will respond to easily. Heck, that's why some people just put their real names since that's all they know how to respond to. When people mention the word "Refrigerator" or "Fridge" in my every day life, my ears perk up and I smile (in my opinion I just think I'm going insane).

Back in the dark ages, when I though I could be a youtuber, I went by the name crisvbacon (a play on my name irl). While I liked this I felt as if it was kind of unneccessary. I had the nickname Refrigerator for a while for various reasons and it just stuck. I like your name but if you feel the need to change it, by all means go for it.

Personally, I have had my fair share of names.

Back when I was making cringy Minecraft videos for YouTube, I had the name Penguinz Gamerz and CaptainPenguins.

I thought these were a bit long so I later changed it to Sir_Penguins.

Most people would just call me "Sir". Normally, I was okay with that, however there were others that would say "Sir Underscore Penguins" which, in time, became too much.

After about a year of that name, I began experimenting with other animals. I went from Penguinz, to RaiveN, to Porkster then lastly to Roo.

I found that not only its easy to say, its easy to type and I've become accustomed to it to the point where I will (also) smile if I am to hear someone mention a Kangaroo outside of the internet.

Like Fridge said, 

18 minutes ago, Refrigerator said:

Choose something that you know you won't get sick of and that you will respond to easily.

Most people call you "Minidove" as it is. So, even to just refine your name down to that would be pretty good.

After all, It is YOUR choice. I've given my opinion, and what you do with that is up to you.

LOL you are going to regret that straw vote. Hmm, Personally I believe you should have a signature in your username that you should never change.

I find it very annoying when people constantly change name.

As an example of this, I will always Contain the word "Munt3d" in any of my usernames over all gaming platforms. Ive used this name for many years and people bump into me on other games and recognize me. (its a good feeling)

I think you would be best to do something similar as you do game streaming and youtube videos.

Go with your heart mate. Either way, you will always be Minidove.

1 hour ago, Refrigerator said:

Choose something that you know you won't get sick of and that you will respond to easily. I like your name but if you feel the need to change it, by all means go for it.

1 hour ago, Roo said:

Like Fridge said, 

Most people call you "Minidove" as it is. So, even to just refine your name down to that would be pretty good.

The problem isn't so much that my name is long, it's more that I want it to be in line with the brand I'm building myself so to speak. My youtube is under Jeby, my twitch is under Jeby, and my workshop stuff, while posted by my minidove account, has the advertising banner of Jeby. I want to bring my steam account in line with that, so when I'm commenting on skins to add to rust to the developers, the associate my [insert account here] with my steam.

1 hour ago, Munt3dApple said:

LOL you are going to regret that straw vote. Hmm, Personally I believe you should have a signature in your username that you should never change.

I find it very annoying when people constantly change name.

As an example of this, I will always Contain the word "Munt3d" in any of my usernames over all gaming platforms. Ive used this name for many years and people bump into me on other games and recognize me. (its a good feeling)

I think you would be best to do something similar as you do game streaming and youtube videos.

Go with your heart mate. Either way, you will always be Minidove.

Jeby and Minidove have been my signitures for a while. Jeby for money making and public stuff and Minidove for steam and more personal (read: communities and stuff). Seeing as those two have merged thanks to the workshop, it's bought up this question. For now I think I'll be dropping the Lamar from my name (Sorry people who call me Lamar, including but not limited to 15 random traders and MsFreakshow). Maybe I'll Change my Profile image. The legacy of Lamar shall perhaps live on in my alt.

Personally I have always seen you as a minidove and always will, but will accept whatever name you pick, as long as you stick with it (like munt3d said). I always pictured you as a miniture dove, just pecking at my temple, no idea why... As per monetary value goes, if you become youtube famous, you can always market mini dove keychains and/or a little dove that pecks on your car dash, like those hula girls (just sayin').

giphy.gif

IMO i like ur current name. Unique, long, hard to read, and meaningful. We can all know who you are (i know you as mini/minidove), but others can call you different things and you will still understand. My name has a hundred different stories on how it was made but ill say the real reason i am crazyy cow on tf2. I mispelt crazy and it stuck.

9 hours ago, KeRRR said:

you can always market mini dove keychains and/or a little dove that pecks on your car dash, like those hula girls (just sayin').

If that happens, Both KeRRR and I get 10% of the revenues... lol

Welp, I changed my steam username to Jeby Iasnerjilaes Minidove and dropped the Lamar (32 char limit pls). I'm also using my youtube profile img atm, but I plan to incorporate a dove into it for steam when I get a chance.

3 hours ago, Roo said:

minidove.png

Roo pls. You didn't even need to shop that

v4sudge.jpg

Posted (edited)

JiKQiSV.png

Roses are red,

that result was a slob,

I voted for impersonate to be honest.

Edited by Hoste09

You changed your name to Jeby Iasnerjilaes Minidove?

If you are trying to market yourself that is really long. I would go with Minidove or Minidove Jeby is you wanted more than just minidove. Think about it, as  a nickname people call you MJ. Sleeeeeeek.

2 hours ago, LiMaaa said:

You changed your name to Jeby Iasnerjilaes Minidove?

If you are trying to market yourself that is really long. I would go with Minidove or Minidove Jeby is you wanted more than just minidove. Think about it, as  a nickname people call you MJ. Sleeeeeeek.

I'm going to probably shorten it to Jeby once I get on my alt and rename it to Iasnerjilaes Minidove Lamar. All about dat branding

13 hours ago, CrazyyCow said:

but...ur the mini dove.

;_;

I am also the Jeby tho