Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gingersauce

Staff Report

4 posts in this topic

I joined the server, and tried to speak, not realizing music was coming through my mic, I was Immediately muted by msfreakshow for "Unintentional Micspam" and was told off, despite not hearing any warning to let me know what I was doing. (The server was really laggy at the time so maybe i just didn't hear it) And so i figured The admin was tying to bully me.l I decided i wasn't going to take the bullying and i typed retry in console so i could finnally talk to someone about this. I came back, but I was still muted. Anytime I tried to talk to her she just shrugged me off. Eventually she started harrassing me in chat. I can give you one example. A few players were discussing their age and I decided to type that I'm 20. SHe responded with: "lol dumbass they're talking about age, not IQ." I then tell her that we're gonna have a chat once I'm unmuted but she just laughs at me and says I'm never being unmuted. Please help. I'm just a player and I feel I'm being abused and ridiculed over a misunderstanding. I was muted for something i didn't know I was doing, and when I try to get the mute undone i get harrassed by staff. I don't know what to do. I don't feel a permanent mute is even close to a fair punishment. It was a misunderstanding.

Edited by Gingersauce

Firstly I did state when you wrote this report you are honest and don't lie .. . .. .you seem to be ok ignoring important information.

So 'Some Dumbass' came into EGC without a word/trade post/bind anything began BLARING that stupid 'All Star' song, to which I asked nicely 'Dumbass please stop, please don't spam music on mic .. . ' (during this time he had begun to stop) but before I could finish began playing the music again. And again I asked him nicely to please stop as did other players on the server at the time. Because his music was sooooo loud (not just 'background music') and he had stopped but only began again when I believe he knew a Staff Member was telling him to stop doing what he clearly wanted to do which was play music on the server I felt this was 'Intentional Mic Spam' and banned him for 60 minutes (NOT perm) for doing so. I then explained how music isn't to be spammed on mic, mics are for trading etc, he had this opportunity to say 'Oh shit sorry Freakshow I didn't realize I had music playing' or any form of an apology for this 'misunderstanding' instead he stated 'HA I can undo dummy'. He then left the server like he said and did return thinking this would 'undo' his mute. At the time of his return ppl were talking about their ages and dumbass stated he was 20, I made a joke about 'they're talking about ages Dumbass not IQ's' given his very 'childish' behaviour since joining the server. He didn't advertise or attempt to trade anyone when he was asked several times by me to 'move on with trade' he continued to try to antagonize, eventually saying 'this is how staff act' to which I corrected him. I stated he had ignored the server rules as he came in, he ignored 2 direct requests by an Admin as well as ignoring the majoring of what the server wanted also which was him to stop spamming the mic over people who were advertising, and that he continued to argue with an admin after he received a mute with an explanation as to WHY he was muted to begin with.

Can paint bullshit as much as you wish in golden paint, it's STILL going to be bullshit. Here is a screenshot of the chat logs at the time to confirm the TRUTH of the situation and not this bullmalarchy. Honestly I think you not only deserve a perm mute, but a lot more for lying in a report about a Staff Member.

Btw he stated he would have a chat to someone else NOT me and then when I stated he wasn't going to be unmuted like he believed he would be (wasn't aware he thought it was a perm mute, which is why he should've been listening to what I said when I muted him). I was simply stating I would not remove the mute he so deservingly earned.

dumbasslogs.png

Please note you cant play music through your mic on EGC servers, as agreed to when you join the server. Your mute was justified. Attempting to circumvent a mute/gag will only extend said ban further. I see no reason to overturn your mute here. Also please note, any reports against players or staff are to be made through the Report function, not general discussion. Btw the reason for your mute was "mic spamming intentionally" , not unintentional as you stated.

I have reviewed the evidence, you will have to wait out your mute. Next time please respect our rules and staff, dont take things so seriously, our staff is quite relaxed and throws jokes around often. In the end i do not see you being bullied at all, in fact you tried to evade a punishment which can lead to an extension of said punishment as Allanon stated above. 

Do not provide false or misleading evidence in a report, that is a serious offence, I will overlook it this time. Correct reports can be made here: http://www.endlessgamers.com/reports/active-reports/?do=form&d=10

Edit: Locking this topic and moving it to archives.